Wednesday 14 January 2009

Knitting



Joanne Haywood

Joanne makes jewellery by knitting, crocheting and stitching and mixing it with a mettle to create jewellery. She explores the materials and she draws on the contradictions of opposites to create a physical objects that is her jewellery.


When I stumbled on to Joanna's web site I felt inspired, I love the fun yet complex ideas behind the finished pieces.
It made me think about how my own work would look as finished pieces especially if I am using material such as video tape.
I also felt that the vibrant colours that she uses is brave, but maybe that's because I don't use much colour, its inspired me to think of how I can incorporate colour into my work.
www.joannehaywood.co.uk
Person Joanne Haywood
Right click for SmartMenu shortcuts

No comments: