Monday 11 May 2009

Materials. . . . .

Because I collect so many waste matirials I need to organize then in a way that helps me work.
For creating files for pacific things helps to keep track of all that I do, one of which is a file that helps me log all the things which I find I can work with.

The matirials I have been preparing recently have been plastic bags, I have always used plastic bags but recently I have been logging the different types that I have found. I felt this was important to have a databases of the different types of bags as most of them seem to get lost within what it changes in to after working with it.




This is part of my workspace, i have organized it in a way that helps me work , putting things into categories. . . .




Here you can see the two main elements of my work at the momment plastic bags and the work with video tapes . . . . . .




I collect all shapes, sizes and colours of different types of plastic bags. some of which I have lots of and some of which i have the odd one or two. This is why it is extremely important for me to make a log of all the matirials that I can use, some plastic bags might be limited edition ones which I may never see again. and so I take a photograph log of them . . . . . .

Some of the bags are thinker than others and have obvious pattern on them with bright stand out colours. Some just serve the purpose are mass produced and are so much more thinner . . .




I love the plastic bags which are different interesting , ones that have interesting designs on or that are one of few or for special occasions .. . . . .

I find that I work more with the throw away bags as i feel they have not as much sense of value so many of them get made an thrown away each day it seams more appropriate for me to use them.
The bags which I class as being rear or one off's with interesting designs I like to keep and treasure them for what they are.

No comments: