Saturday 9 May 2009

Make your own jewellery

Make Your own video tape Jewellery from wast video tapes

I briefly looked at making quick jewellery from my stretch video tapes thinking of ways people can to this for themselves. so I have been practising myself to see what sort of immediate jewellery i could make that would be easy for others to do all so.



So by starting with the video tape thread i have made already I then look at making the tape in to rings by wrapping the tape around my finger and knotting different knots around the tape to give them different shapes I have also added buttons and doubled the amount of times I wrapped it on some.. . . . . .

I then thought that if I can do this with rings then i should try it with bracelets so I did and I added some cable ties to hold them together. . . . .


I have also looked at making the thread into beads by rolling and shaping the video take into bead like shapes and then stringing them on to a suppurate piece of thread. . . . . .


Other ways I have looked at making necklaces was by creating knots in the thread the knots look like flowers. I did this many times and then linked it together and doubled the pieces up to create a necklace. . . . . . .


I also like them as just hangings instead of just a necklace and they can be as big or as small as i like them to be . . . . . . . .



No comments: