Thursday 20 August 2009


I was looking through my friends blog and she had this amazing artist on there that she had gone to see at an exhibition.
My friend Carol who is also on her MA doing Textiles went to London for a day and this is what she found and it inspired me to put it on my blog ! have a look and let me know what you think.
http://carol-scarletwoman.blogspot.com/






Chiharu Shiota's gallery was an oppressive spiders web, a huge cat's cradle, someone else's walk through nightmare.

'''when I dream...I feel the dream as reality. I can't distinguish between dream and reality. When I wake up, I have the feeling I'm still dreaming'.

Taken from Carols Blog
It was brilliant to see this on Carols Blog I have always loved Chiharu Shiotas work and seeing in on carols blog inspired me to revisit why I loved it so much.



Hayward Gallery
Walking In My Mind
Walking in My Mind explores the inner workings of the artist's imagination through immersive, large-scale installation art. Ten international artists transform the Hayward Gallery's indoor galleries and outdoor sculpture terraces into a series of gigantic sculptural environments, each of which represents an individual mindscape. Interior worlds of emotions, thoughts, memories and dreams collide with exterior reality, blurring the boundaries between inner and outer space.

After the Dream




Unconscious Anxiety

"I wonder how mi exhibition would look like if I could create an environment as if you were walking through my mind."

No comments: